City Computing Limited (registered in the UK as a private limited company with company number 01767817) trading as Vyking ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The Application is a showcase of Vyking’s AR creatives using the front and the back camera of the user. By activating his camera the user can interact with each AR lens. Users can share each lens on Instagram, Facebook and messenger (the “Services”).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is City Computing Limited with its registered office at City House, Sutton Park Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 2AE.
DATA GOVERNANCE AND USER ANONYMITY
We take our commitment to user anonymity and fair data governance very seriously so as to protect the privacy of users of the Application.
We can offer users the assurance that images and videos generated while using the app will not be associated with your any personal identifiers.
We use third-party analytics tools (Facebook API, Google Analytics and Amazon web services) to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Application. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Application.
All of the data collected from the device undergoes a method data anonymity process, passing the device identifiers through a one-way hash function.
Facebook API, Google Analytics and Amazon web services adhere to European data protection law.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
We also collect the following data sets:
- Timestamps which reflect the point in time at which the message was sent by the user;
- Locale of the user;
Vyking uses full SSL encryption for any and all communication. Any device-related data receives one-way hashes with the MD5 hashing algorithm.
It is also important to be aware that other users of Facebook Messenger to whom you send images and video content when using the Services may save, screenshot or otherwise copy the content sent. Accordingly, our advice would be to refrain from sending messages or content you would not want a third party to share or otherwise record.
Information we collect about you
With regard to your use of the Services we shall automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- Location information: when you use the Services we may collect data about your location using your IP address to estimate your approximate location. We will not collect information about your precise location via GPS, telephone towers, wifi networks and the like.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us and information we collect about youc
We will use this information to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Application.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Users of Facebook Messenger when they have been sent content by you through our Services (i.e. your content in the form of a selfie with an emoji and text attached will be shared with the person you have chosen to send a message on Facebook Messenger using the Application).
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them.
- Analytics providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Application, Services.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via our Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request shall be subject to a fee of £10 (GBP) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.